View Single Post
Old 6th June 2022, 23:53   #25
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My Father in the mid 70's came in the front door and swore, ''thats it I am giving up driving f%$£&^g £0.50 a gallon, that is ridiculous). Needles to say he didnt and I expect if he came back for a day now he would be horrified.

I put just over 10 gallons in my car on the way home tonight and it cost me £88. the girl serving was telling me that tomorrows delivery is more expensive, at this rate £2 a litre is only a week or so away.

Sunak gave most of us a lot of money over the last 2 years and I didnt hear many complaining about that. This money has to be paid back and personally I would prefer to pay back £15 a week rather than let them have it all back in one go.

Most of us need a car for work and/or to go shopping but apart from that we can choose if we use our cars or not, a trip to the coast for the day is soon going to be luxury unless you live close.

As far as going electric it depends on your budget and as has been said what happens when we start getting power cuts as the grid is pushed to far? can you imagine ringing the boss and trying to explain that one? Hybrid is probably the best option at the moment, I know of someone who runs a Hybrid and reckons he can travel to work for a month for under £30 as he has free charge points at work.

Once this terribleness has finnished in Ukraine I am sure things will start to settle down but we all need to get used to having less disposable income as we will be spending more on transport, heating and electricity. Maybe we have just had it too good for a long time? I cant see cheap flights ever coming back but maybe that is a good thing if we are thinking about the planet?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote