View Single Post
Old 10th November 2013, 15:49   #141
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
I nearly bought a tl1000 a while back, really fancied a sports v twin, but I was put off by the supposedly dreadful mpg! I ended up going for a zx9r, and loved it, but still have the urge to get a tl, must be the hooligan in me trying to get out! To the folks that have them, are they any good?
I'd say as a bare minimum you'd have to change the rubbish damper on the back. MPG is shocking but only if your on a trackday. I once got 64 miles to a tank at Brands on a boiling hot short circuit day..30mpg is about the norm for a sunday afternoon blat..

I've had bikes since I was 12, now 51 and was a DR in London for 10 of those. Outside of work bikes i've only every owned a couple of models more than once, those being a 350LC and TLS..LC was because I was a hooli and kept crashing them, but the TL I knew i'd made a mistake as soon as it was gone. Took a while to get one again though and blew the box up on that last year so I have decided to go to town on it. Taking my time and getting it just how I want it..

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/tl...?sort=2&page=1

Have a look also on TLZone & TL Planet for mods & advice

Regards
Steve

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote