View Single Post
Old 10th November 2013, 21:03   #149
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
30mpg!! I used to get 45-50 on my zx9r and that was giving it stick!!
I'll have a look on those sites, I'm still tempted to look at getting one in the spring. I'll make do with a 600 divvy through sinter, don't fancy caning a big twin on the slippery roads round my way!
The only time i've ever got decent mpg was in 2011 when I went to the LeMan motoGP with a couple of mates, should have been ZX6, Fireblade and me on the TL, due to **** ups it was GS500, ER500 (old ones at that) and me on the TL, we were fully loaded with camping gear etc. Hardly went above 70mph and stayed off the motorways. Apart from a couple of blats to relieve the boredom the bike stayed below 4000rpm all the way there and back (on a bike that redlines @ 10500)..I managed to do 164 miles before the fuel light but it was sooooo boring. usually it's 100-110 to light..and a lot more fun

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote