View Single Post
Old 15th September 2019, 13:19   #14
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default More disappointing garage experiences

I had a new battery swapped out for an older one when my ZT 260 was brand new. The garage denied it was them but I'm certai it was one of their mechanics who helped themselves and thought it wouldn't be noticed! What can you do except not use them again?
Another large dealer snapped my bonnet cable every time it went in. First time I was charged for labour and parts, second time I was told it was a known weakness and charged again. Third time I changed garages again. Funny how I could open the bonnet all year without breaking the cable myself. Never had a broken cable since leaving them.
Another garage has been much better, but I hit a glitch when it went in for a full service. It was returned with a misfire. I sent it back and it was pronounced fixed for free. I drove a mile and realised it was still misfiring, Back in. They replaced a COP which was billed at almost £300 inc VAT and again pronounced the car cured. I drove 200 yards and turned around and asked a mechanic to accompany me in the car. The mechanic had to admit the misfire was still there but was adamant the COP had been faulty. The part had gone to scrap and couldn't be tested! I gave up and limped home,
Had to fix the misfire myself. (Another story) Thank goodness for this forum
and those who take the time to post their solutions.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote