View Single Post
Old 24th October 2019, 18:21   #10213
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Washed the building site clarts off, then drove it the 12 miles to the test station, at 70MPH in third gear.

On arrival it was apparent the DVSA inspectorate chap was doing a premises check, it looked to me as if the walls had been very recently repainted and the staff were rehanging the MOT signage.

So I relaxed in the warm of the MOT viewing area, had a cup of coffee and watched as Mrs MB's car was subjected to it's annual healthcheck.

It passed with an advisory for a slightly worn tyre...........when I questioned this, the reply was "I can't possibly give a fifteen year old car a clean pass with the Ministry man watching"

An interesting result, as I know all tyres were perfect, as they along with the lights, seat belts, screen wash and wiper blades are the very minimum I check before presenting a car for test, this one had more than that......I'd been underneath both ends yesterday, the wheels had been off and washed underneath this morning.

But a pass is a pass, and the emission test was 0.027 of a maximum 1, so my long suffering wife will not be getting a new car this weekend

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote