View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 16:00   #106
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The end is in sight..................

................................................ and Banana should be home by the weekend.

Last Friday I received a phone call from the tracking company, Banana has a tracker fitted, they informed me that the battery had been disconnected, I though that was a bit strange seeing how long they have had the car.
So I popped along to see why and, apparently the battery had gone flat. Thus them putting a jump back on had sent a signal to the tracking company.

I was there, yet again, this morning. All the major panels are back on. They want to flat it again before it’s final polish and then the trim can go back on.
They have polished the headlights up a treat but have had a problem getting the milky finish out of the n/s/rear MG7 light assembly. Seems it’s a common fault. I have been told that it was caused by the rear light assemblies being produced in two different factories back in China. Redfive has the same problem.
So I might convert back to the original lights.

They have replaced bolts/screws where needed, and cleaned the rest up. New clips on the arch liners. All new clips for the trim have been bought. The wipers are still off along with the screen washers.
She certainly looks good sitting there in the spray booth, the artificial lights don’t do it justice.

Now the issue regarding the rear bumper removal. I have been assured that it has been removed, and this morning I noticed that the reversing sensors have not been painted. I pointed this out and I was told they would be done before the car was finished, and handed back to me.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote