View Single Post
Old 18th June 2022, 13:06   #73
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Please excuse the snip, the rest of the post was effectively a proxy anti B... rant and there have been enough of those over the last six years! Some will never accept the 'voice of the people' yet still profess to know better.
You presume quite wrongly! My posts of that time are still available on here!

Anyway, the EU collectively and in accordance with their rules voted en masse and did everything they possibly could, by a variety of dodgy means, to sink that particular ship with all hands!

That was possibly the biggest referendum there has ever been considering the numbers involved, together with the EU's visceral hatred on show. Not for the people in the UK, rather the brass neck of the UK trying to determine its own future - arrived at by yet another referendum that was decisive. To quote the EU as a comparator and to sneer at earlier events is neither relevant nor helpful!

On point:
What affects Scotland has much the same effect on rUK in this cause. Why would we want to leave the outcome, that affects us all, to a tiny minority of what is in reality an untrustworthy cabal of opportunistic zealots in search of a perceived immortality? Patriotism is a proud flag in a modern age but, certainly in this case, a false one.
agreed ! the brexit referendum could have gone either way. the result suited me , but could have been thwarted by others. So its only correct in my view that the choice is maintained for both sides. Spot on wraymond . ..

Last edited by xsport; 19th June 2022 at 10:37..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote