View Single Post
Old 21st January 2018, 12:59   #9
Alex79

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I have other cars insured as daily drivers, so pursuing the modern classic policy might be worth ago. Currently it is insured by my parent's with me as a named driver and mirrored no claims with their petrol XF - current combined insurance price circa £1000 a year and they are more or less split equally in cost despite the difference in value. I have 'daily' policies on the Focus ST and soon to be on the Mazda. The wife's Focus is a daily policy and my MGB is clearly a classic policy (Lancaster insurance). I am 38 so my age should not be an issue.

Regarding modern classic policies, does the car have to be garaged (drive way) and does it need to be kept at my address?

Not trading it in would clearly buy me time, though parents understandably would want to cancel insurance etc. so would need to declare SORN.

When SORN is declared, does the vehicle need to have any form of insurance if it is kept off the public road? It is along time since I have looked into this and wonder if the rules are the same?

Regarding the car itself, other than the aforementioned corrosion and lacquer peel on the driver's a pillar, it is a good car, having had 4 new springs, 2nd cambelt change (2014), front brake calipers, starter motor and new battery in the last few years. It is now on 105,000 miles.
Alex79 is offline   Reply With Quote