View Single Post
Old 18th August 2018, 12:39   #78
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I am afraid that is total rubbish.

I would respectfully suggest that you spend some time reading the definition of and laws on bullying and harrasement. In my view, it would be reasonable and justified for Clyde to feel that he had been subjected to bullying and harrasement when he attempted to sell his car. He could reasonably feel that this occurred through unwanted negative comments that in all probability negatively impacted his ability to sell the car, the likely price he would sceure for the car on the forum and the effect it has had which led to him feeling it necessary to withdraw from a community of which he was a proud and contributing member.

I have never met Brian and if I did I have no doubt that we would get on like a house on fire - I have a natural affinity towards the straightforward approach of people from up nowth. But, I feel that in relation to this car his behaviour has been unacceptable. It has impacted another member and an avid enthusiast to the extent that he felt he should leave this community.

It appears that some people cannot see how a piece of metal can be so important to an individual. An alternative view would be that to many true enthusiasts, the car takes the same or higher status than their wives (or husbands). If you wish to experience how sustained negative critique of something you love feels, please post up pictures of your other halves and let us have a ball.

What I find surprising is that the forum management have demonstrated a complete lack of capability and competence in addressing this matter. Yet, they took such a heavy handed approach with Tom Force (whom I also do not know or have any connection with) to the extent that he was labelled a bully on a public forum by the management team. I would argue that the material damage done by Brian's posts in relation to Wurzel is considerably larger than the localised issue which revolved around one transaction between Tom Force and another member.

As a minimum, the offending posts should have been deleted and the relevant parties given appropriate guidance. Instead the negative comments on Clyde's car have been allowed to reman as a permanent record on the forum.

I have always postively supported the actions of the forum management but on this occasion I cannot see any evidence of effectiveness in their primary role as moderators.
I must admit that I haven't seen the offending comments, are they still on the forum for all to see, or have they been removed, presumably by the nonactive moderators?
I think you are selling the great and good of this forum short, if you think that the opinions of one member Is going to persuade potential buyers not to purchase a car. We are all free thinking adults, capable of making our own minds up as to what we like/can afford.
I also can not agree with your assertion that a true enthusiast places a higher status on their car than their partner. If that is so, maybe the partner in question should find a new spouse. It's a car. No matter whether we give it a name or talk to it (I'm as guilty as the next for doing this), IT IS A CAR. Not a living, breathing, loving, feeling entity. A. CAR.