View Single Post
Old 1st January 2021, 21:12   #6
Leo31

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Hi Leo, your English is a lot better than my French !

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
As Dave has already said that's normal, The FBH starts off quiet as it goes through a series of self tests before starting to ramp up to full power when it can get quite noisy so no need to switch off your engine.

Oh ok, it's fine then ! I didn't know that the noise would get "bigger", that's what scared me and made me turning off the engine.
I've heard about this remote controller on this forum and French forums as well

Originally, I was recording the video to find the source of a leak.

I have an oil leak in the engine bay, so big that I can't see where it's coming from...
So I cleaned it as much as I could (with degreaser spray WD-40, brushes and steam cleaner) to find the source of the leak.

It's not an intercooler O-ring seal leak, because the leak isn't on right hand side (as looking from front) but on the left, in the aux belt/high pressure pump/power steering pump area...
I know that wrong engine cover bolts may go through the cam cover, I replaced all 3 bolts with the correct lengths.

I'm trying to find and fix the leak before it damages the alternator or the aux belt (which happened 4 months ago while driving on the motorway)

I'll buy a new pcv filter kit from DMGRS, it's cheap, and maybe and it will fix the issue.
Leo31 is offline   Reply With Quote