View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 23:23   #3
Alan_M
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer + saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Alan.
It sounds to me that your fan is ok to re-brush as you still have the medium working, if you do go down that road I would do it asap, so the medium brushes do not get any worse, and the low speed brush what is left of it does not damage the commutator.

The reason your A/C is not getting cold is because it runs in conjunction with the low speed of the fan, that is why the low speed wears out faster than the other brushes it gets used more

Yes you can fit a two wire 2 speed fan with a gold resistor it is plug and play, all that would need to done is to cut the cowling of the fan around the A/C joints so you do not disturb the gas in the system.

You would need to do the sane if you repair /re-brush the fan, unless you are going to disconnect the A/C pipes in which case you would have to evacuate the gas first.
Thanks

When I ran the a/c to see if it would get cold I had the engine fan running on medium speed by shorting the two furthest apart wires on the trinary switch - wouldn’t this have provided the cooling required to the condenser to allow the a/c to work in place of the slow speed ?
Alan_M is offline   Reply With Quote