View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:16   #4
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Thanks for that Mike. I thought I was being a bit dense re testing ball joints.

I've had a good crawl underneath and I can see there are splits in the rubber on the bushes. Thse were replaced by the previous owner 30k km ago but there was no details of which brand

I think my arm are still the originals and have now completed 220k km so I reckon they might be coming to the end of their useable life. Although I'm sure I've read on here some where that arms have later in excess of 150k miles. So I may be able to squeeze a few more kms out them yet!

I went for first line bushes which were on special and spotted by Marinabrian. Including delivery to me here in Spain worked out £22 each. Hopefully they'll be here next week along with front discs.

I like Matt and his products but unfortunately the postage kills it for me so I use Mr auto these days.

My one attempt with autodoc was unfortunate. They substituted Monroe dampeners for their own brand and I got all emotional about it. To be fair it was all sorted with a few phone calls. I was concerned because at the time their own brand ( i think that is Stark ) was just starting out and their quality was unkown and I couldn't find any reviews about them. But I did find out that brand name and trademark Stark is owned by the same company as autodoc. However given the amount of products autodoc shift I'm fairly certain we would have heard if the quality was terrible. But as you say time will tell.

Last edited by Daveluck; 2nd January 2017 at 20:21..
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote