View Single Post
Old 12th July 2019, 13:46   #24
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Some years ago I obtained a set of plastic ones which did not fit properly and were eventually junked. I bought a set of metal ones which now seem identical to those in the OP link and were perfect in every way. They were an exact fit with none of the slight wobble when offered dry to the recess as the plastic ones did and they retained their finish and condition until sold January last. Now replaced by my 'new' car which is 4 years older.

Those metal ones were as described in the link in the OP here and were a perfect fit in every way. Particularly attractive were the recessed ends to accommodate the door handle. They remained in place and retained their condition after 8 years in situ. I hope the ones I have just bought, thanks OP, are the same or similar origin.

I have no idea about the different technology involved in the manufacture of plastic v. metal plating but suspect the plating on metal might just be more serviceable on the latter. Isn't 'chrome plating' metal on metal? And in the case of plastic isn't it called 'coating'? Certainly they are more substantial. You can bet that when they arrive they will be carefully examined.

For those worried about being 'taken' the advert does contain the following legend which will serve in good stead should the outcome be unfavourable. And if you pay by that international bank....

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is …...