View Single Post
Old 13th July 2019, 15:23   #28
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Door ‘andles

Well that was the quickest yet. Ordered the bits at 2.45pm yesterday, arrived at 9.00 am today. Came in a brake pad box so not as stated ‘original packaging’ as such but perfectly acceptable.

Each piece individually sealed in a transparent sleeve so protected. All four unmarked and having a strip of very thin adhesive tape on the outer circumference of the back which the earlier plastic ones did not have. Offered them dry up on the car and they are a perfect fit all round with no wobble caused by high spots. They are very light and non-magnetic so are plastic. Depth of shine - like a Hall of Mirrors down a telescope. When I first looked in them I didn’t know I had such a big ‘ed.

After cleaning the door recesses, and a mere spot of Plumbers Gold in the middle, fixed them. All perfect and at 15 quid a door not too bad. Tips: Make sure they are evenly positioned in the recess before firming – the tape is grabby. Make sure you get the door handle recesses the right way round!
I was tempted to buy another ‘just in case’ set but decided not to prevent others from enjoying the opportunity. Excellent service, excellent product and his feedback is all ‘5’. I can’t see them hanging about.

Last edited by wraymond; 13th July 2019 at 15:35..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote