View Single Post
Old 1st January 2021, 16:50   #22
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
If you read enough fake news, you will start to believe fake news.

When do the Aliens step in?
The problem is that even for well educated folk, it's hard to determine fakery from truth sometimes. I don't trust politicians to tell the truth and a lot of so called science is politicised. We have to be very careful before we dismiss anything. However, when something goes against the consensus narrative we need to know the source and how the writer came to that conclusion. There is absolutely no doubt that Covid 19 is out there and everyone would be wise to follow sensible precautions to mitigate getting it. Hands, face, space and I'd add ventilation and filtration. The non-binary Covid tests are heavily biased to record false positives rather than false negatives for obvious reasons. Covid 19 is revealing how close to capacity our NHS is. I worry the narrative has changed from 'the NHS is underfunded' to 'let's deliberately destroy large parts of the private economy to save the NHS'. The government has a poisoned chalice. Whatever they do will upset someone. I'm not a fan of vaccines, but I've booked my first shot in two weeks. The vaccine is the main hope for the vulnerable in 2021. Well done to those who produced it in record time. Fingers crossed I don't react badly to it, and a massive thank you to those on the front line in the NHS who are working all hours to cope with this as we speak.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote