View Single Post
Old 17th April 2024, 23:03   #29
Sonestarick
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thumbs up HGF. issue.

Hi Simon and all interested in the follow up.
I have discussed the point of the serrated clips with Russell and as he is making tracks to rectify the situation he is of the opinion that an "O" ring on the straight pipe is the culprit which he will replace. We will sort out the issue of these clips at the time. Other than that the engine appears fine and the slight coolant loss is not an issue as it is small in quantity although has to be sorted once and for all. I am happy with the work done overall without question and am sure all will be sorted satisfactorily in the end. Another interesting point has reared its head - I have an non functioning speed' and an ABS light come up on the dash' but as the front o/side wheel had been removed to allow work on the tray etc looks like the cabling could be needing attention or a replacement sensor which I will attend to along with some other front end work to be done now. Involved with the plenums at present replacing some filters etc so it is all go with the usual maintenance issues. 3 weeks time car is going in for some paint touch up -scuffs blemishes etc and if all goes well detailing to finish with.
So in a moth or so all will be well heading into summer months.
Cheers for now and again thanks for the interest.
Sonestarick is offline   Reply With Quote