View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 20:15   #5
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Is that a replacement driven plate you are taking out? The one I have just removed from my 133,000 mile 2001 CDT appears to be the original, springless, German made one. It only slipped slightly on hard acceleration (still 114bhp). It had worn the rivet heads off on one side, and broken them through the thin, remaining friction material on the other side, so the friction material was effectively free floating, causing bad judder at take-off. While there is some heat marking on the flywheel, and 1, light diagonal score line, it looks nothing like as severe as yours. I am still not sure how much damage was done by the garage mechanic who "tested" my clutch by holding the car on the brakes, and increasing the throttle pressure as he let the clutch out oh so slowly until it started smoking and slipping, fully out, at which point he stopped the test, and confirmed that my clutch was knackered. Brought a whole new meaning to heel-and-toe! And meant I didn't engage his services for the clutch change.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote