View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 11:19   #9
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
You can be chasing sound penetration for years. It comes down to the frequency and resonance of particular sounds/materials and elimination is difficult.

I sympathise, it becomes increasingly intrusive as time goes on. I experienced the problem some years ago, in the end getting a firm to take readings and suggesting effective materials/methods proved a quicker and more successful way to go. There just might be records of the construction of the houses held at local authority offices which could show party wall build.
It has indeed progressively worsened as I've become more aware of it.
I would like to get it sorted properly. If I can find someone who covers my area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
We recently had this done downstairs in our property by https://www.soundproofingrus.com/pro...ategory/walls/, and, by an odd co-incidence, are having our upstairs walls sorted this coming Monday.

Not cheap, and you will lose some room space dependant upon the option you go for, but the results, for us at least, were well worth it. I appreciate what you say about the door issue, but it may nevertheless be worth giving them a call to see if they can help with a solution for your particular circumstances.

Cliff
Thank you Cliff. I'll definitely give them a call.
What sort of noise were you trying to eliminate? For us it's voices. (Mostly shouting...)