Thread: V6 screw up
View Single Post
Old 8th June 2018, 08:19   #8
jens_munk

Rover 75 Saloon

I have some standard ELM 327 Bluetooth scanner connected to my phone and using an Android app called Torque. It has worked fine so far and the last things I used it for was actually the VIS servos on the Rover.

How long time does the engine have to run to start reporting misfires and the like?

No I haven't checked coils, plugs, cables and compression yet, since they were all fine before and I didn't touch them (deliberately, at least). But I guess I will eventually have to.

Replaced all six manifold seals with new ones as well as idlers, water pump, thermostat and the two water pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
A short answer: No
I think it is related to the belt change, somehow, but I don't think it would be timing related.
What scanner did you use?
Have you tested all coils, even those difficult to get at?
Have you checked spark plugs.?
Done compression testing?
Is (are) your manifold(s) on tight, no leaks?
Tested spark plug leads?

If you don't get a fault code, then proceed as follows:

Run engine and remove one spark plug lead at a time, until you find the culprit. You can hear it, because the revs will not be affected, when you pull the plug to the offending cylinder.

When you have the offending cylinder, do a compression test first, which will quickly tell you if there is a bent valve. If compression is OK, you look for spark and/or fuel.

Let us know
jens_munk is offline   Reply With Quote