View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:45   #10208
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Pulled the wife's car onto the drive, reversed it up the ramps, and took a good look at the rear suspension........solid, but looks absolutely yuk.

Dropped it down, then up forwards.........great..... a small oil leak from the steering rack, so checked the levels, and 50ml required to top up, so I gunked the gunge off and checked all rubber boots, bushes, and joints.

Brake pipes look ok, however I was less than impressed with the NSR part of the sill, although solid enough, there was an unmistakable hint of ginger appearing

A quick wipe over with G3 removed the staining, a probable job for next year and improved weather methinks.

Anyway, I did successfully sort out the inoperative high level brake light, by virtue of taking the one from the ZT.

I have the one from the wife's car on the bench, and unbelievably every single LED is kaput

Something to source tomorrow, depending upon whether the 75 passes the MOT or not.

Not my usual standard of preparation as I'm not in a good frame of mind at the moment, and if it fails, it's history.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote