View Single Post
Old 29th October 2020, 17:15   #6
Boltonboy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 classic se cdti\ mg zt 120 /rover 75 club 1.8

hi all

thankyou for your interest I found the hardest part was getting it out of the car
how I did it step by step not perfect but it works sorry no pictures wife was on strike.

1. remove front map light ,sun visors, grab handles, rear map light you will need a Philips screw driver I used my trusty socked driver .
you now need to recline drivers and passenger front seats to make it easier to get out

2. the headlining will drop down you need to either disconnect the wiring loom or remove wiring off back of headlining don't forget if you are going to disconnect to unscrew earth on rear drivers side it is held on with a bolt
now the hard part getting the headlining out of the drivers door take your time as cracks will need fixing it should bent a little

3 . taking off old headlining and foam not a pretty job I used a wire brush to take off all the old foam and hoover to get rid of all the dust make sure you wear gloves unless you want your hands full of glass fibre on mine I had to use fibreglass to fix a few cracks I made on trying to get out the door.

4. deciding on the new headlining material I got mine off Ebay but there are quite a few places that sell it

5.applying new headlining make sure you use heat spray glue I got mine with the headlining start in the middle spray the headlining board and the material then smooth over before moving on bit by bit also make sure you go in all the indentations on the headlining board .

6. cut out of excess material and all the fixings holes I tucked my material around a little bit just take your time but just remember your not a professional do your best that's enough.

7.reinstall of headlining just be careful through the door then your home free all you have to do is sort out wiring loom and fixings jobs a goodin I hope this helps you to try it for yourselves if you need any further help just drop me a pm I will be more than happy to help with your headlining project
Boltonboy is offline   Reply With Quote