View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:47   #15
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Left the hotel at 05.45 and arrived home at 11.45. Acting upon a forum members advice, I came home a slightly different way. Destination for the sat nav was Tewksbury which would drop me straight onto the M5 and home.

3 stops, including stopping at Tesco’s in Lee Mill so I could get some shopping.

Mileage up to the hotel was 300, plus 33 miles to and from the airfield, and home was 288.5, including going shopping.

Round trip of 621.5 miles. I’ll check the mpg tomorrow when I fill up.

So I’m on the M5, 4 big wheelers on the inside lane with another 2 big wheelers overtaking so I pulled out into the outside lane to get past. Looked in the rear mirror and there was a low flying missile catching me up rapidly. I carried on but pushed the loud pedal down to Warp Factor 3. The Aston Martin was flashing his headlights at me to get out of the way. So I just pushed the button, and raised my rear

When overtaking the big wheelers I always pull past a fair way before moving over. The Aston Martin, it was a lesser spotted Vulcan, pulled level with me, tooted his horn. The driver looked over to me with a big grin on his face and I got the thumbs up. And he was gone in a cloud of haze. Disappearing into the distance at a rapid rate of knots.

15 miles down the road the Aston Martin Vulcan was on the hard shoulder with a unmarked police car.

Banana never missed a beat over the weekend.
Nice one Bob, well done Banana, love the kama touch
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote