View Single Post
Old 26th May 2017, 15:41   #9
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
What led me to believe there is an issue is that I was sure that when the car was running coolant would come out the little hole top left of the tank and recirculate, is that not the case.
The small hole you mention is of no significance in terms of coolant circulation. It's usually watched when the system is being refilled and bled. The small hose connected to the header tank neck connects to this 'bleed' hole and vents air from the heads as they fill. However, there's a much larger hole also leading from the bleed hose that's out of sight under the neck. During normal operation, the smaller hole is sealed off by the pressure cap o-rings. It may also be possible to observe a tiny flow from the other hole when the engine's running (and the cap off of course), but it's of no significance. It may even stop completely when the tank's sealed and pressurised. The header contents are basically a stagnant reserve of coolant that doesn't reach the same temperature as the engine coolant. For more details see: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=245285

I'm unfamiliar with the V6 so can't comment on the plug in the photo.

Can you confirm that the temperature gauge points at 'normal' when driving?

What circumstances did you notice pressure in the header tank?

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote