View Single Post
Old 15th May 2022, 12:05   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Ian, how was your flight to and from Australia, did you encounter any screaming babies sitting next to you? Did Qatar airlines live up to their reputation?

I saw in another post, you asked about a small tracker?

If you have an an iPhone there is a feature called “Find my phone”. My wife uses it to track my whereabouts.

A few years ago, a former colleague and friend asked me to go with him to the spy shop in London as he wanted to install a listening device in the family car and a tracker. He believed his wife was having an affair. He used the listening equipment he bought from the spy shop to listen into his wife’s phone calls.

Sadly the outcome of his wife’s erratic and secretive behaviour was not down to an affair or badness on her part, he discovered she had been having treatment for lung cancer and she had not told him about it. Instead of spending lots of money spying on his wife, it would have been much easier to have asked his wife but who am I to say.

In your post, you said no good deed goes unpunished?

There are people who in life appear to be at war with the world, my theory is they experienced abuse/betrayal at an early age and never got the help or resolution they needed, leaving them twisted and out for only themselves for the rest of their lifetime.

We flew Manchester to Doha, that was not too bad with a 3ish hour stop in Doha. Doha to Brisbane, oh that is long. First 8 hours "ok" watched a film and slept. the second half of the flight dragged on and on. No crying children.

Flight home, hour or so stop over at Doha but crying babies on both flights. You cannot keep babies and toddlers quiet and still for 14-16 hours. The return was worse then the flight out.
Qatar airlines, clean plane with working entertainment in back of seat in front. Leg room ok, food good.... a bit too much of it. Seats a bit hard. Stewardesses wore trousers on they way out and to long skirts on the way back, I'm above the knee bloke. They were smart, clean and tidy, polite and friendly. No complaints about staff or the plane apart from hardness of seats. The safety message you get on each flight was in the form of a video, I dont rate it, it was a bit of a joke and could so easily have been missed

As for the tracker, it is a just in case situation.
As for bitter and twisted, what you describe seems to be so in this case, you have hit the nail truly square on the head.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote