View Single Post
Old 1st February 2021, 18:28   #5
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Hi Neil, another solution to the same issue and well done as I am all for having different ways to solve a problem.

I would just like to say however that when you say the solution I posted doesn’t fully solve the issue and I have used the wrong approach, since I did the mod on my own car it has not failed once from whichever side of the seat that I press the button down, and believe me my back seats are constantly folded down and back up again

There is also the seat back rest seat base to consider as it slips out of its location and then when folded back up it wont engage and lock, so whichever method is used to solve the plastic release catch this could still be an issue and my how to addressed this

Its good that members have a choice of repairing this age old problem though , yours probably needs a bit more skill as mine only involves using a drill and pop rivet.

Since doing my original mod I reckon it could now be done much quicker without stripping the whole seat down by access through the square hole in the back of the seat, it would involve a small cut in the carpet to reveal the existing rivet but its not in a very noticeable place so could be glued back easily enough

Thanks for posting your well thought out solution

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote