View Single Post
Old 1st December 2021, 13:01   #2
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Hi.

Somebody with knowledge better than mine on wiper problems will turn up eventually with suggestions better than mine but i can tell you the in cabin fuses are located beneath the glove box and some more fuses can be found in the engine bay next to the battery but these engine bay fuses are more main bus supply than equipment fuses i think. In all honesty i cant see this been a blow fuse problem but you never know... Sounds more like faulty electrical connection somewhere, faulty motor/sensor or even bad wiper linkage.

For the in cabin fuses look Under the passenger footwell below the glovebox at the front bottom there are two screws with slots in big enough for a small coin, once undone the flap drops down and the fuse index is printed handily on the back of this flap in a way which requires a broken neck to read so take ya phone its easier than broken neck to reference that way. Also note there are differences in the fuse layout depending on car year so use your fuse index.

With the wiper going mad and being eratic i would be looking first if its a constant speed on any setting or does it respect the control stork speed? also hows the mechanical wiper drive arm "linkage", looking at the linkage and motor that can be found under bonnet driver side possibly need to lift the leaf cover up that hides the brake fluid reservoir as thats also where the wiper motor is and its afore mentioned drive arm linkage. Under there are also electrical connectors for the motor, are they looking dry?

EDIT

I advise you split the problem in half by looking at it from two ways to eliminate one side thus moving closer to the cause, is the motor being driven correctly i.e is the motor receiving power at the right times and depending on that finding is the motor faulty? Choose which is easier to answer.... Got a spare wiper motor? Got any other strange electrical faults? Just checked ebay and you can snap up a used motor and linkage dirt cheap if diagnosis skills are limited.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 1st December 2021 at 13:36..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote