View Single Post
Old 29th September 2012, 08:35   #5
denis
Gets stuck in

2004 MG-ZT CDTi 135 Saloon in TROPHY YELLOW + Synergy Two-wow and an Aussy import RAV 4 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
The bellows fit into the recess on the slam panel as shown here below which palte are you refering to i do not know if water ingress will happen if the bellows are cut off but i do not intend to do mine.

Arctic - The plate is fitted (probably pop rivetted as that's how the bulletin describes the fixing unless something different in the factory) underneath the centre of the slam panel directly under where the troublesome three screws go to fix the original intake mouth. If you look at your first picture, dead centre but under the slam panel (view by leaning into the engine compartment and looking back under the rear edge of the slam panel- torch would be handy).
Looking at your second picture, I see that there isn't really an offset between the original intake mouth and what becomes the intake mouth after the mod,so my statement about offset in my original post is not correct. What it does mean is that the plate could still contribute to preventing water turning up into the path of the modded intake mouth if it ever happened.

Last edited by denis; 29th September 2012 at 08:47..
denis is offline   Reply With Quote