View Single Post
Old 12th July 2021, 14:58   #5
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I don't think people realise the significance of it.

Here in Northern Ireland your car will be burned out if you have a GB sticker on it in the wrong area. I've been chased out of areas for having a UK mainland plate when I was younger and not a Northern Ireland plate.

Plenty even put IRL badges on their Northern Ireland cars and are then incorrectly insured for accidents that occur. It's even worse, the absolute extreme will even bring an OPEL into Northern Ireland, import it, and drive it just to prove their loyalty lies outside of the UK.

Plenty of local owners will confirm this. I previously travelled on a NI badge, which during my travel was ratified by the EU as unacceptable mid 2015 ish mid journey so I had to try and find a GB badge in France of all places for my insurance!

Having a single UK badge is a big thing, and frankly it will solve a lot of issues here, especially with those who will be legally required to have one.

The most you folks have to worry about is a bit of English / Scottish banter. It's massively different for us here
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote