View Single Post
Old 13th July 2021, 13:15   #7
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair View Post
It's even worse, the absolute extreme will even bring an OPEL into Northern Ireland, import it, and drive it just to prove their loyalty lies outside of the UK ... The most you folks have to worry about is a bit of English / Scottish banter. It's massively different for us here
Interesting. Any particular reason for Opel as opposed to any other non-GB manufacturer? I am aware of Opel's German connection and courtesy of a spell of employment in the Wirral/Dee area I'm also aware that the GB hatred you refer to extended to support of the NAZI's during WW2 - not least after I was told that lights were left on and blazing by some in Ireland to aid the Luftwaffe during the blackouts.

Regards Scotland, both England and Ireland do have something in common here. Both have been invaded by Scotland and whereas Ireland gave them a "naughty word", nay not a "naughty word" but a very "naughty word" for their trouble, England had a very lucky escape. An uncomfortable truth for those who like to hate all things GB.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote