View Single Post
Old 13th September 2011, 22:24   #1
gregbuchanan10

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club

Default 2.0 V6 2002 not starting

Rover 75 2.0 V6 petrol 2002 model.

I am having trouble getting my car started. It was running fine until last week when the engine cut out whilst it was idling. It went into a garage to get checked and the guy said something about the fuel pump having a problem and it was running fine. I have done 250 miles since I got it sorted and once again it has died on me. I am really trying to avoid spending a lot of money on it. I have had a look at the fuel filter as I am aware they have a problem but it is one of the old fuel filters that doesn't require the orange clip.

When trying to start, the engine turns over but isn't firing, but when I remove several fuses and put them back I manage to get it to run for about 4 seconds but it splutters (once started) and dies down in revs until it cuts out. Then when trying to restart it won't and again just turns over without firing.

Any help really would be much appreciated as I am in dire need of this car really soon to get me up and down the country. Apologies for the long post but I really need to get it sorted without throwing money at it.

Thanks

Gregbuchanan10
gregbuchanan10 is offline   Reply With Quote