View Single Post
Old 6th March 2021, 12:55   #10
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I admit to being more than a bit surprised that there are apparently some 20,000 (at the last count - a week ago anyway) people in the NHS who have declined the offer of precedence. Even some in the elevated position of surgeon, amongst other senior personnel.

On the other hand, also surprised, at the lack of condemnation or even being subjected to the mocking directed at similar minded people.

We have now had four telephone calls, from more than one source, with one declining to say what department/office they were calling from. One of them just put the phone down without the customary polite 'Goodbye'. All were concerning the opportunity for vaccination.

We can easily maintain dignity and resolve without any worries but I am not too sure about elderly people or those others who might be frail and timid. Getting a bit too close to intimidation.

With the advent of passports/certificates I agree that it will be welcomed by the 'industry'. They would, wouldn't they. It's business after all. Cart before the horse once again? Should have been done 18 months ago. Nobody in, nobody out without permission.

Last edited by wraymond; 6th March 2021 at 13:05..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote