View Single Post
Old 30th March 2024, 09:37   #5
Archie75

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Now that you've said that I have my doubts that you're looking at the correct header described in MGMarc's thread. That is basically a terminal block joining together wires from different sources. If it hasn't been interfered with, it should be bound in black insulating tape. It's not a connector so cannot be unplugged from another part.

That seems to rule out the navigation unit itself then. Check those earth connections!

Information I've found on this states that it is a PWM signal (pulse width modulation) supplied by the LSM on a red/white wire. There is a K-bus connection to the instrument pack as well.

Are your main beam and direction indicator warning lamps working correctly?
Is the "door open" warning lamp working?

Simon
Sorry completely new to working on my own car. I meant that I removed pin 8 from the k bus block after I had cut it free from the insulation tape and removed the outer plastic shell.
Earth connections now all shiny but still no results.
And no the main beam, indicator and door open lamps are not working.

So with the backlighting does that mean I've put the ipk and lsm wires back in the wrong places? Is there any way to find out which of the wires are which?

I also noticed in my kbus block that there is a wire with two ends that I'm guessing acts as a jumper between two pins. Do you know which positions they're supposed to be in?

Last edited by Archie75; 30th March 2024 at 09:41..
Archie75 is offline   Reply With Quote