View Single Post
Old 10th June 2014, 12:47   #246
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Smile The Potential is There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
But there are a few stories of successful co-operation on these boards where the system has worked. The result being is that either the buyer was saved a trip and others where the car was subsequently bought by the buyer. So a case of half a dozen of one and half a dozen of the other.... That is life, as they say

As stated earlier, the list has been recently updated and everyone on there had answered my PM asking if they wanted to stay on the list or not. Or have subsequently been added. Where there was no reply the names were removed. Can't do much more than that......
Andrew, your maintenance of this register is appreciated. I was just trying to present the other side of the coin - the requester / the viewer. I believe the service is a worthwhile one to offer.
I'm happy that I haven't made any wasted journeys and I think I did something useful for one person with a limited budget, whom I saved from making a much longer one.
Unfortunately, time isn't always on one's side and some people have unrealistic expectations, or are prepared to abuse the system. As you say, that's a microcosm of life.
Regards
Robert

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote