Old 2nd March 2021, 08:38   #19
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
Hi
I have just joined the club as a new 75 owner (2002 Club SE auto) and subscriber and would like to know what events are being planned nationwide later this year when restrictions hopefully finally get loosened. Will there be any in my area - Yorkshire ?

I am very new to the club so maybe you can tell me where I should look on the website....
Historically the club holds 2 national meets per annum
Look in the events and meets section for these .

That said there is not much planned for obvious reasons as yet.
Local meets are not endorsed by the club as the insurance doesn't cover them but are usually a social thing at a local park that has a cafe for a chat etc.
We have regional secs who organise such meets and may also obtain us group admittance to larger venues such as the Fathers Day Rally at Castle Howard The Yorkshire secretary is Actros who is very old and wrinkly and although we call him secretary he looks terrible in a skirt, but he still gets about a lot so watch for a post from him.

If you don't mind a trip out then the Midland nano meets are in a class of their own, there is nothing else like them for meeting people and learning how to maintain and repair your car. See here for more info
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

This years dates are not confirmed yet and there will only be two or three as opposed to six or seven due to the pandemic.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 2nd March 2021 at 11:18..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote