Old 17th October 2020, 09:21   #2
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Hi all.

My new Tourer has now been fitted with my Xtrons unit.

All very nice, lovely sound .

SWC's all set up - with grateful thanks to those that posed up about one cable to "SWC1" and the other to earth/ground. They worked perfectly, then didn't.

All is working fine for 10-20 minutes then the volume control starts playing up and ends up not working at all.

If you stop and leave her for half and hour all will be back OK again then it'll stop working again.

I've found this thread from a couple of years ago which suggests tarnished connections in the SWC buttons which makes sense.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=286716

Is there any way to open up the switch to clean inside - a bit like taking the switches for the electric mirrors/windows apart.

If not, is it just a case of taking the switch out and "flooding" it with a suitable cleaner. Is WD40 OK or is there something better?

Thanks in advance.

Try clearing and reprogramming the buttons on your Xtrons again.I had a similar problem so I stripped down my controls and found they are microswitches so not easy to clean. Tried reprogramming and they have held ever since.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote