View Single Post
Old 25th October 2020, 06:34   #74
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Well that's blown it.

I couldn't get my bleed pipe contraption to join up with the gold 'quick release'* connector because it wouldn't go over the white split sleeve (I tried everything!). * The term 'quick release' is used sarcastically.

So I thought I'd take the sleeve off temporarily to see if anything else was jamming - it wasn't and the two halves slid together without any effort.

Of course now I can't separate them again because the rib on the gold half is locked in behind the ring of tangs in the yellow half and there's no way of releasing it again.

The only thing I can do now is buy a new master cylinder.

That's it - my patience has run out with this ******* money pit of a car.

In defence of the designer you removed the release mechanism and then connected the coupling. There could only be one outcome.These couplings work fine when used as designed.

As mentioned you can still release it, you just need to use something thin enough to go in - if it is too wide then use a couple of narrower split rings of thin plastic. Plenty of suitable material in the recycle bin - plastic bottles etc that can be cut down.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 25th October 2020 at 06:38..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote