View Single Post
Old 17th March 2021, 14:03   #9
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi Paul,

If I remember correctly you have mayonnaise under the oil cap but not in the sump or in the expansion tank.

You say that the dipstick and oil filler cap smell like exhaust gas but again not in the expansion tank. In my experience, when the engine oil hasn't been changed for a very long time it has a smell which could be confused with exhaust gas.

I know that most people like to believe a man in overalls standing under official signage but I'm not entirely convinced that the evidence fits a diagnosis of head gasket failure. Maybe he's remembering the previous generation of the KV6 in the 800 series. The 75's version uses MLS gaskets and it would take serious abuse to destroy one of those.

Don't do anything drastic in the event of being quoted a large sum of money Paul. Say you'll consider your options and we can have a discussion about it here.

Stay in touch.

Simon
Cheers Simon

Hmm I did clearly explain that my trips whist having no low speed fan were stop start in the hope that he would at least suggest it might just need flushing and an oil change but the almost instant HGF response was a worry.

Lets wait with baited breath to see what he finds

Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote