View Single Post
Old 17th March 2021, 14:57   #10
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh260260 View Post
I must admit I was surprised at how quickly HGF was suggested given that my mechanic is an experienced Rover Man...lets wait and see what happens!!

BTW did you have the mayo problem as well and did it clear after the coolant was refilled and pressurised?
No mayo problem except what you'd normally expect under the filler cap, remember we have much lower temperatures here and as per norm the smaller crankcase breathers were blocked. Not any more

Can't see it being much of a problem by-passing the oil cooler, I did the belts on an early car last summer so had the oil cooler out and I haven't got a lift, just a high reach trolly jack.

You still seem to be relying on this one mechanic who perhaps is jumping to conclusions. Stocktake has advised by-passing the oil cooler, he's been on this forum since day one, t'would be silly not to listen to him, and perhaps unnecessarily expensive too. Will the mechanic refund the headgasket money if the car is no better?

Regards

ps The garage that mis-diagnosed my V6, (recommending new headgaskets etc) was the Rover dealership in my town.
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote