View Single Post
Old 14th September 2016, 20:24   #1
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Default Temporary new venue for NORTH WEST MEETS

Due to the closure of the Hollow Tree, I have been looking into a new venue to hold our Tuesday & Sunday meetings at least until the HT reopens in it''s new incarnation.

I have ruled out the Stretton Fox for several reasons. You are guided to a table and it is waitress service for food which does not lend itself to a meeting where people turn up at different times. The food isn't bad but it is expensive and the car park layout is not ideal and it's always busy.

The Mascrat Manor on the A57/M6 roundabout would have been ideal but when I visited today, this was also closed and is undergoing a restoration and rebranding.

The Saracens Head at Warburton has an ideal car park with plenty of space but most of the food reviews rate it very badly indeed.

I am therefore thinking of the Cat and Lion on the A49 Tarporley Road , Stretton, which is just a couple of hundred yards from the Hollow Tree towards Warrington. The food is quite reasonably priced and supposedly OK. It states it has a large car park but I haven't checked it out yet. I shall be driving past there on Saturday so I'll have a quick look at the car park.

http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/pub/...ent=visit_site

We are due a meeting this Sunday the 18th, do you think we should give it a go or skip this month and try the First Tuesday in October?

THOUGHTS PLEASE?

Last edited by vindaloo; 15th September 2016 at 09:16..
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote