View Single Post
Old 27th September 2021, 07:43   #12
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I agree, but didn't really want to start differentiating between the two as otherwise some may have thought I was being a pedant. Oh, I see that someone already has!

The reason I said that the two are the same for practical purposes is that most of the internet seems to use the term parasitic drain to describe the total of the two quantities (incorrectly I think you will agree, Mike)

If we do want to be pedantic, what I was doing was verifying that my car's post switch-off transient and long-term steady-state quiescent power consumption fell within expected bounds and was not excessively increased by the presence of parasitic power drains (consumptions). (Of course some of the quiescent drain will include drain due to parasitic effects within the electronic components)

Everyone happy?
Thank you for the explanation, the reason for asking was to find out if the instrument you are using can be used for tracing parasitic drain, I suppose it can be, since a reading of greater than 50mA, will need investigating to find the cause.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote