View Single Post
Old 19th January 2022, 09:24   #11
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Just to update this post.......

The springs that are really needed are the ones which act against the star wheel adjuster. They are the ideal match for the application to re-purpose them. The equipment is a Brake roller tester. For those who have seen them usually have 3 rollers per side, 1 forward and one rear roller, then a central roller which is of much smaller diameter and usually polished rather than gritted. The central polished roller is hinged and performs many functions. The design of the pivot and sprung loading is far from ideal design on the 4 mot lanes at my workplace. I have modified all 4 lanes so far and the earliest 2 are now beginning to show malfunctions, resulting in aborting the entire brake test, or showing a failure of brake roller test result. Both areas cause problems for the tester and require a full repeat of the roller test. This is mainly because the connected equipment has recorded the results to the DVSA before you can intervene. So as you can understand, it is far from ideal. The Italian equipment has a very poor aftersales service, and it seems that I can provide a quick fix to enable the kit to continue working. The calibrations are unaffected by this due to the calibrations proceedures not using a vehicle to perform it.
So there it is in a bit more detail.
A thanks to Arctic for his offer also applies.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote