View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2019, 16:13   #12
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

I think I'm in agreement with the Midget being too small, you do feel very vulnerable when sat in one, the B's aren't any better really, but I do luv the shape of the BGT. My auntie had one many year ago when I was about 8 years old, I was fixated on the dashboard with the chrome dials, I felt like I was in a James Bond movie, I'm not sure why???

I have searched other old classics and did come across the Reliant Scimitar, its certainly a contender, its just there are so many MGB's still on the roads, and being a MG fan, I thought why not... will go well alongside the TF.

I was at my local SWVA classic car auction last week, they had three MGB's, one being a V8 which sold for around 20k, the other two had rust issues and I'm sure there were signs of HGF on the one that I liked... I came across a Hillman Super Minx which I also liked, there was just something special about it, only sold for 3k but I didn't know enough about it, so I didn't bid.

We have been out to look another MGB this morning, but we had to walk away once again, there was far too much rust for my liking, this is obviously the problem I'm up against. It seems many sellers do not always tell the truth when selling their vehicle, the listings are never truthful.

On the way home though, we stopped off at Southampton to do a bit of shopping (had to keep the wife happy) and I couldn't help be amazed by this huge ship embedded into the distance. Southampton certainly does amaze me, we don't go there often, but when we do, I feel like I have stepped into the future. lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Southampton 021119 1000x563.jpg (69.2 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Dallas; 2nd November 2019 at 16:34..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote