View Single Post
Old 24th January 2020, 16:08   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Had a set of Three A P606 on the ZT for a year, wore evenly from start to finish just shy of 27000 miles.

They replaced a set of end of life Dunlop SP Sport, after I'd spent almost a grand on new clutch, flywheel, a rear suspension, and brake overhaul, exhaust etc etc for the 2018-2019 MOT prep.

I can say they were moderately noisier than the Dunlop, but were noticeably poorer in the wet in terms of braking performance, and slightly better than the SP in the dry.

Anyway onto the 2019-2020 test, I was not going to submit the ZT with a sub 3mm set of boots, so as I had another set of ratty 11 spokes fitted with a matched set of four almost new Landsail, I fitted those.

So what of the Landsail? well as only the second full set of budget tyres I've had experience of, fitted to a 75 or ZT........they are absolutely dreadful, ruin the ride compliance, unbelievably noisy on certain road surfaces, and will soon to be going the journey.

Contrary to popular belief, tyres are a prime example of you get what you pay for, the nicest I had so far are Uniroyal Rainsport 3, followed closely by Avon ZV7.

I'd like to recommend the Avon, not the cheapest not the dearest, but a better all rounder, I've yet to find.

I also have a set of winter boots, Uniroyal MS66 on Comets, they are still in the garage covered over as they did last year.......the climate in the UK, even in the North East of England, doesn't really warrant winter tyres.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote