View Single Post
Old 5th November 2021, 11:23   #40
Steve2016
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Steve; please revisit my earlier post ...

Look for the wiring colours which I also gave you earlier.
If you still can't find it, PM to me an e-mail address and I'll send you the RAVE photograph.

Simon
Hi there. Thanks for your continued help.

I've had another really good look where you suggested. I got my head right up inside with a good torch but I still cannot see any signs of it.

I'm sure that if cars were around in medieval times they would have used "working in the footwell" as a form of torture.

In the meantime I've been working on a workaround. I've found a special connector - one end has mini-fuse blades, the other has a pair of standard spade terminals. Using a length of 2 core wire with an in-line fuse, I have connected one end to the spade terminals and the other to a switch.

Plugging this assembly into the wipers fuse socket (f17) under the glovebox allows me to switch the wiper circuit on and off, instead of having to pull and replace the fuse. The wire is long enough to place the switch in the cubby hole by the gear lever.

This gives me the ability easily to isolate the wipers if/when they misbehave and particularly when I leave it parked up, so there is no danger of it wearing them out if it decides to go wonky again when left alone.

I tested it this morning and it works. As it happens the wipers are behaving themselves and obeying the stalk controls - for now at least!

It's still a bit weird though! With my isolator switch ON (fuse in) the wipers and the electric windows work. With isolator OFF (fuse out) neither work. According to the diagram this fuse (f17) is only for the wipers, not the windows, which have their own fuse.

I will PM my email address.

Thanks, Steve

Last edited by Steve2016; 5th November 2021 at 11:30.. Reason: corrected typo!
Steve2016 is offline   Reply With Quote