View Single Post
Old 28th February 2021, 17:54   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Another little mod done on Redfive today. Something I'd been meaning to get round to doing for a while.

As I have a subwoofer in the boot I can't access the spare wheel without having to remove everything from the boot including the subwoofer. Not something I'd want to be doing when stuck on the side of the road with puncture if it were to happen. So rebuilt the boot false floor today with a design similar to the tourers and made the opening shorter so I can access the spare wheel without having to take the sub out. Also fitted a much nicer handle to the floor from a Mercedes. Fresh carpet too. Will paint the underside of the wood floor jet black when I get a chance which will look tidier.
That looks really well, and a helluva a lot tidier than my own, something I have been wanting to tidy up' for a few years now, perhaps doing a full sub mould into the side, and struts on the hatch (21mm marine ply is not light! lol). I never considered using another marque's handle, makes it so much nicer, I had hoped to use the original handle, but made do with the original carpet, as the acoustic cloth matched it too. Mine has a a cut out in the right hand corner to lift for spare wheel access.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote