View Single Post
Old 16th October 2022, 10:29   #747
Tetleysmooth
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Hi everyone.

I was linked to this forum by a current member, well at least I think he is - gadgetgricey.
Cheers gricey.
I had a T reg Mercedes W202 C200 which I was perfectly happy with until London Mayor Kahn started making noises about expanding the ulez zone to cover the whole of Greater London next year. Of course, the Merc would not be compliant, so I advertised it on a couple of other forums for sale or swap. To cut a long story short, and a lot of messing about by people, I was offered a 54 reg 75 Conny SE as an - almost - swap.
Yes please. I've never owned one before, so didn't quite know what to expect. It's the 1.8 non turbo auto. Driving it home from the swap, along the M4 and around the northside M25, it turned out to be a very capable car, and I'm very pleased with it.
It has a tiny bit of damage to the offside front wing, which is not particulary bothering me, and it needs a jolly good clean up, but apart from that, it runs and drives lovely. Oh, it could do with a pair of front tyres. 215/55/16 if anyone has a couple they wish to sell. When I've given it a good coat of polish, I'll stick some photos up, if there's any interest.
Anyway, it's nice to be here, and I'm sure I'll be bending several ears soon.
Tetleysmooth is offline   Reply With Quote