View Single Post
Old 13th March 2019, 20:42   #4
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
From what I was told by rimmers "Genuine" parts are decided if they are "Genuine" by XPART. Did you see the posts about the rear bearings? Chinese bearings put into MG Rover boxes then sold as genuine (The label was changed slightly so instead of Made in France it said Made in CN). They were the aftermarket part but reboxed. When I queried it their response what that they came straight from XPART so they don't check what is in the box. So it seems is XPART can't get hold of the proper parts they just rebox the aftermarket ones and hope people don't notice.

There is a significant difference in quality between the genuine rear bearings and aftermarket. For £10 difference it's definitely worth fitting genuine (if you get a genuine one!). If the originals have lasted 15 years or so it's worth gambling that extra £10.

Hi Jamie.

I found that it's actually SNR that are now not supplying SNR genuine bearings. I specifically bought SNR rear bearings in SNR packaging. FAG bearing supplied in the box, the same as supplied by X-Part.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote