Old 5th January 2019, 08:28   #9
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Fred.......
At night, you have to zip up the tent, to stop the flying creatures and the predators from coming in. Zipping it up, seems to confuse them. We know people who fell asleep and left their tent open on a hot night, then they got dragged out by a Lion and eaten. A horrible thought. We learned from their experience. Your expertise in getting the tent up will be a great help.

A grab photo of a Hyena out on the hunt, not the best quality. An unplanned shot and he was moving quite fast. A Lion will kill its victim first before eating, but not the Hyena. The will literally eat you alive, skin, bowels, bones - everything. The Hyena is a cowardly predator on its own, but in a pack, it is deadly. At night, it makes a laughing noise when it is eating or mating. Not one of my favourite beasts, but it is fascinating to watch from a safe distance.
The Hyena comes over as a very horrible animal, though it won't actually know that.
I have reconsidered my offer and I am still available, so long as I can hold a pistol all the time.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote