View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2016, 19:26   #37
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I consider it unfair that Phil and others have invested much time and their own money to service our community here and then it to be undermined by others offering to do everything for nothing!

Remember these people pay to be on here and advertise their services/products and then someone comes on and says......."Don't buy that, I'll do it for free" I don't see that as entirely fair either

Ps, Pscan is selling a product and is a trader so no problems there
I'm not belittling the work that the above members have put in, but really, someones trying to give something away for free and people want to moan?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Hotspur View Post
Problem I have with freeware is you are relying on the enthusiasm of the coder to develop an app that has no bugs and is updated/improved. Giving something away is all very nice and altruistic and fluffy but I've seen too many of these free software packages get to v1 and go nowhere afterwards - the person doing the coding loses interest or gets fed up with spending all their time dishing out free support to users and decides to pack it in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Very true. Free software just about always ends up not being supported or updated.
I would like to hope the product would be open source to allow others to "take the reigns" if needed. I could understand if it's not, though.