Old 16th September 2021, 22:38   #6
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Really?

Here's an offer. If you are ever down Suffolk way, pop in for a cup of team. I'll take you for a drive in our XF-S and show you how agricultural your Rover is by comparison.

The inside of the XF is pure class, with superb attention to every bit of detail and far greater comfort levels than the 75. The 275bhp/600Nm 3.0L V6 diesel is silky smooth and sounds more like a petrol V6 under acceleration. It takes you from 0 to 60MPH in 5.9 seconds.

Remember - this is from a man who loves his Rovers. But I am not delusional.

As for the modern technology, it can all be switched off quite easily in the configuration menus.

The Tesla design doesn't appeal to me. But, my brother's new Audi 55 e-tron Quattro EV is an amazing vehicle despite the eye watering price tag.

As for classics, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The SD1 Vitesse is one of very few cars that I consider to be a true classic and worth having.
Maninder

Totally agree with you, the XF-S is a very well put together vehicle, and a very economic bit of kit, I get around 40-45 per gallon taking son to work every day, around 20 miles, whereas in my 2.5 V6 ZT-T I get about 28-30, but I still like both cars, and not sure If I would consider a Milk float, as a daily car.

I would also like to use my other two cars, but due to the current situation, it has not been worth it, but hopefully, will be able to get to use them next year

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote